Once the city used to pulse with energy. Dirty and dangerous, but alive and wonderful. Now it’s something else. The changes came slowly at first. Most didn’t realize, or didn’t care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life. Some didn’t. And those who refused to conform were pushed to the sidelines, criminalized. They became our clients. We call ourselves Runners. We exist on the edge between the gloss and the reality: the mirror’s edge. We keep out of trouble, out of sight, and the cops don’t bother us. Runners see the city in a different way. We see the flow. Rooftops become pathways and conduits, possibilities and routes of escape. The flow is what keeps us running, keeps us alive.
Ubisoft is releasing an RPG game in 2014 called Child of Light, featuring a female protagonist. Like most games with female protagonists, it’s getting almost NO marketing and therefore no hype! Check it out, share it around. It looks really cute and I think we ALL want more video games with female protagonists to succeed!
Things you should know about Child of Light, other than the above:
- It is coming out on April 30th for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in the US.
- It is coming out for Steam/Uplay outside the US
- It is $14.99
- For a whole RPG
- Everyone has different budgets and this is pretty affordable for many people who game
- If you can spare the cash it is on like every platform
- April 30th! Preorder or save the date.
I’d also like to add that the soundtrack and art direction alone both look fantastic! Even if you don’t want or can’t have the game, please reblog this so fellow artists and musicians alike can see it!
Have you heard of Ban Bossy? It’s the new initiative from Lean In and the Girl Scouts that’s trying to ban “bossy” and similar words that are used to bring down girls that are ambitious, take risks, and speak up. By changing the way we treat girls who lead, hopefully our generation will someday see more women in leadership roles.
don’t read the youtube comments on this.
[2/5] favorite video games » tomb raider
'there are so many mysteries that i once dismissed as mere stories. but the line between our myths and truth is fragile and blurry.'
The beautiful United States of America.
Indiana is inaccurate. It should look like this:
I want to know where that Indiana picture was taken because that’s sure as hell not what 99% of Indiana looks like. The hills give it away.
The police just came to my door and gave me the worst news of my life. My baby was euthanized today. They told me they had no information on the person who was “bitten”. All they acted on was a picture sent to them. My baby is gone because someone didn’t like us having him.
We won’t be on tumblr, possibly ever again.
This is heartbreaking and I encourage Vader’s owners to seek legal action when they are ready.
I normally don’t post about stuff like this in tumblr but this is a true injustice, not to mention incredibly illegal.
It’s after hours for this particular state’s animal and health department, but I encourage all of you to take a moment and call these numbers and express how wrong this is.
(701) 220 5194
(701) 220 0092
(701) 202 6251
Please be polite; the person on the other end of the line, odds are, is not the one who made the decision. They are representatives and they should be regarded with respect.
//Signal boosting. I feel so horrible for Vader’s owners. I agree with Autobot-lolo, be polite. Don’t scream and curse and be belligerent. Be firm, polite, and insistent, and ask for facts and citations (was there a police report? Can a copy be purchased?).
Don’t allow this go to unremarked. This could be anyone’s pet, be it a fox, a German Shepherd, Doberman, or Pit Bull, or even a housecat or horse. The police took Vader on the 20th, and he was euthanized on the 21st. That’s very, very quick turnaround time, especially for a government agency. I find it very worrisome, and that it sets a dangerous precedence. Contacting the agencies will not bring Vader back, of course, but if all of us here on Tumblr can keep it from happening to someone else, I think that’s worthwhile.
What can I personally do to help the situation in Venezuela? I feel that simply reblogging isn't enough action.
Thank you for wanting to help!
I set up a guide:
What you can do:
Contact your local media and inform them of what’s going on.
However, follow these steps to make sure the report is taken seriously:
- AVOID FALSE IMAGES. There are images going around that don’t belong to the Venezuelan protests. Here are some examples. These are traps to discredit the movement.
- How do you know an image is from Venezuela?
- Ask a Venezuelan.
- Google image search anything your find. Check the date/location of the image. If there’s no other online reference of the image, it most likely is current. Most Venezuelan images are coming from tweets.
- The twitter account https://twitter.com/proyectobase/ is trying to post only confirmed things. Check that out!
- Favor videos about what’s going on.
- Present the information politely. “Hello, I’m deeply concerned about what’s going on in Venezuela. I found the following photographic/video evidence.” Present research if you have it. Keep your commentary brief and concise. You want to get their attention.
- Do not link to Venezuelan tumblrs or blogs. Send the images or videos from youtube, and only from tumblr if there’s no other choice. Remember, you may expose bloggers to media attention or make them targets of the Venezuelan government.
- Translate this guide to other languages, or translate articles and information about Venezuela to other languages. Get the word out.
MORE IMPORTANTLY, get informed, or at least leave the research to the journalists. Be careful with your wording and opinions expressed: remember, any gaffe or mistake can lend itself to the whole report being discredited.
Here are some sources:
Some helpful reading:
http://feministing.com/2014/02/20/toward-a-nuanced-feminist-discussion-on-venezuela/ (A nicely objective report. I like this one a lot as it really highlights why some people defend chavismo— brutal oppression notwithstanding of course, but it’s an excellent one.)
P.S: The site “Venezuelanalysis” is strongly pro-government. Beware.
Anything coming from Telesur is dubious because, well, let’s see who the stock holders are in Telesur:
La Nueva Televisora del Sur, C.A. is a public company which has some Latin American governments as its sponsors. Its sponsors are the governments of Argentina 20%, Bolivia 5%, Cuba 19%, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Uruguay 10% and Venezuela 51%
I strongly recommend using videos as evidence. Double, if not triple checking any image you prepare to send. A single fake image can kill a good report.
for those who would like to help the people of Venezuela, either your friends or family members who are in danger there. Just follow this instructions prepared.
if you have a friend or contacts to your local news in your home countries, help them to spread the situation of the crisis. Because the International Media is NOT RESPONDING! WTF. Read the article below:
get as much information from the locals before they are silenced.